There are more and more scientific studies that point out the benefits of intermittent fasting with great results for the state of form and health. Intermittent fasting offers various modalities being the most recommended by experts on 16/8 . This is popularized by the results it offers and it is not one of those "miracle diets" that is talked about so much, but it is a routine that requires time and dedication.
What is intermittent fasting?
There are different types of intermittent fasting. At the moment it is called intermittent fasting to a modality of feeding in which the day is divided in two different strips . During one of them, the person does not eat any type of liquid or solid food beyond the water or infusions without sweetening. During the other strip a normal and responsible diet is made by dividing the intake of food into several intakes.
The most common intermittent fasting modalities or protocols are 12/12, the 14/10 and the 16/8. The latter is the most recommended in intermittent fasting for women. The first number refers to the number of hours in a row in which food is not eaten . The second figure, the number of hours in the range in which the food assigned to the day should be consumed.
It is usual that the food intake is divided into 5-6 doses
strong>, although it can be variable.
Benefits of intermittent fasting and results
- Favors weight loss by maintaining muscle mass and tone. Perfect for caring for and improving your fitness , is one of the main reasons for the popularity of intermittent fasting among women.
- Prevents the onset of diseases such as diabetes, hypertension and rheumatoid arthritis as well as neurodegenerative and cardiovascular diseases, among others. Also those related to obesity due to the results of intermittent fasting in the loss of body weight.
- Improves some biochemical parameters related to inflammation. This is especially interesting for those who suffer muscle inflammation problems .
- Lower blood insulin levels and increase growth hormone segregation .
- Facilitates fat burning .
- Contributes to lowering of so-called bad cholesterol .
How to plan intermittent fasting and carry it out successfully h
Choose the desired protocol and assign it a schedule
Rate what kind of intermittent fasting you are going to do as a first step.The latter is considered the ideal by the experts but it may be complicated to start with it , so it's good to adapt your habits little by little before you get there.
Once decide this you will have to determine what schedule is right for each strip . Logically the hours of sleep should be in the strip without food intake. It will depend to a large extent on your work or study schedules or on how much free time you will have for your different moments of intake.
For example, you can determine the non-intake range from 20:00 a.m. to 12 p.m. : 00 hours of the following day or from 4:00 p.m. of a day at 8:00 p.m. Or choose the one that suits you best. The remaining hours will be those in which you can and should eat food.
Divide your food intake in 5-6 takes
It is necessary keep in mind your pace of life so you can do effective planning. Point out at what times you are going to eat as accurately as possible.
Plan your daily diet for a healthy and effective intermittent fast
Obviously intermittent fasting is not It means that during the food intake range you can eat anything. It would lack all logic and meaning. You should have a healthy and balanced diet , adapted to your circumstances.
You have to think carefully if in that time you will be at home, at work, on the street ... And plan properly what kind of food you can take in each case.
Remember that a balanced and healthy diet should include weekly, among other foods:
- Fruits and fresh vegetables. In this case 5 daily servings is appropriate and advisable.
- Blue fish or, if you follow a vegetarian or vegan diet, adequate acid supplementation essential oils.
- Nuts in a moderate amount.
- Legumes and cereals whole.
- Foods rich in protein and low in fat.
- It is advisable to use specialized supplements for sports that provide vitamins and elements that we do not consume.
Coping with fasting time
- You can drink water. Often calm anxiety about food . In addition, it is advisable to drink 2 liters of water every day. If you have made a good adaptation to the intermittent fasting protocol, food anxiety problems will not be common.
- Take unsweetened infusions and vegetable broths without fats. These hot foods are very suitable if you feel the need to eat.
- Do physical exercise . It will help you keep your body and mind occupied. And it will make your brain secrete hormones that do not make you think about food. In addition, it is always advisable to enjoy a good state of health and fitness.
- Keep busy. Work, study, have fun, do some productive activity .
Intermittent fasting is a feeding modality that is worth exploring if you want to take advantage of it strong> of its multiple benefits. It will help you improve your fitness and take care of your health at the same time.
Enrich the post with your comment!