Strength exercises at home: get fit from home
Due to work schedules, availability or lack of a gym near home, more and more women decide to train at home . Or, in some cases, combine physical work sessions in the gym with others in the home. There is no need for a large infrastructure or a lot of space to do strength exercises at home that really work .
Strength exercises at home without specific material
You can plan training sessions at home even if you do not have specific material to work strength. To perform these exercises at home you will not need anything more than a little space, will and clothing sports .
Push-up to work the upper part of the body
To do this exercise you should start from a posture with hands and feet on the ground:
- Keep your hands positioned slightly more outside than the width of the shoulders, with the fingers forward. It is important that you keep your back straight.
- Next flex your arms and lower slowly until your chest is about to touch the ground but without it coming.
- Keep this position for a second. After this moment, straighten the arms and return to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise between 12 and 20 times, as planned your strength training at home.
This exercise works the area of the pectorals , the triceps and the shoulders , mainly. Do you want to make it more difficult by increasing its effectiveness? Put a moderate weight on your back in a balanced way to avoid getting hurt. For example a vest with weights.
Crunches to work the abs
Crunches are one of the strength exercises at home or in the gym that do not they may be absent in any training session to work abdominals:
- For the start position lie on your back with your back straight on the floor and your legs flexed. Place your hands on your chest or behind your head, whichever is most comfortable for you.
- It contracts the abdominal muscles and at the same time raises the shoulder blades during the contraction. Do this by keeping the neck straight at all times and stretched forward.
- Hold the position for 2 seconds. It is common to feel a slight sensation of burning or tightness in the abdominals.
- After that stop, slowly lower your back to return to the starting position. Repeat this exercise 12 to 20 times as you plan your strength-training session at home.
- You can increase the difficulty of the exercise by putting some books on your chest. But always be careful that they are balanced and do not pose a risk of modifying the optimal posture during the exercise.
Side plank to work all the musculature of support
- Lie on the floor on your side.
- Put one hand on the ground and leave the other one stuck to your body.
- Raise until you only have one arm and feet on the ground.You can repeat it 10 to 20 times depending on how you designed the training session at home.
Strength exercises at home with the help of everyday objects
Some everyday objects can help you train at home . These strength exercises at home are very effective and it is interesting that you include them in your training routines.
Dips on chair to work triceps, pectorals and deltoids
- Place a chair behind you. Make sure it is robust so that it stays where you left it:
- For the starting position, move away from it, place your hands on the edge of the seat , spaced approximately at a distance similar to the width of your shoulders.
- Keep your arms straight and bend your knees to position yourself almost sitting in the air in front of the chair.
- Slowly, bend your arms at a 90 degree angle as you go down the whole body.
- Once you reach this point, hold it a second before straightening your arms again and returning to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise between 5 and 10 times.
Squats with one leg to work legs and the rest of the body
- Put one stack of books on the floor, a small low table or a stable staircase:
- Sit on the object you have chosen (in the case of the staircase on a step) with the feet on the ground. The technique is very simple but the exercise is very demanding.
- You must get up from the sitting position but with only one leg, very slowly.
- Complete the drive job by finishing with the knee high and shrunken, accompanied with an energetic stroke action.
- Return to sit and repeat the exercise but now with the other leg.
- It may look like a Easy exercise but it is very demanding . And the lower the seat, the more complicated the exercise will be. Try to r epetirlo at least 5 times with each leg. With this exercise you will mainly work the buttocks, quadriceps and hamstrings but also other muscles of the legs and of the whole body.
Shoulder lifts to work arms and shoulders
- Stand with your arms resting on the sides of your body and a 1-liter tetrabrik (milk, juice or broth) in each hand. Raise each tetrabrik to the side , on the same line as the shoulder, with the arm well extended, as you would with a dumbbell . Hold the position for 10 seconds and repeat it as many times as you consider appropriate for your home training.
These strength exercises at home will help you work different muscles of the body effectively As you see, you do not need to have special material to train, but it is recommended that you wear suitable clothing or shoes . Never do exercises at home with footwear such as home slippers or flip-flops, because you could be injured by a bad footprint during exercise.
Enrich the post with your comment!